St. Mary of the Assumption School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in the administration of our educational admission policies. Furthermore, it is the policy of St. Mary of the Assumption School not to discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs of employment as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments in 1972.
Students entering Kindergarten must be five (5) years old by September 30th of the year in which they are entering Kindergarten.
Due to Ohio State law, students entering grade one must be six (6) years old by September 30th of the year in which they are entering the first grade. Early entrance testing may be requested from the local public school agency if the child will be six (6) years old by January 1st of the new school year.
All Catholic students of the Roman rite whose families live within the boundaries of St. Mary of the Assumption Parish are eligible for admission to the school year provided that:
- The families are registered in St. Mary of the Assumption Parish
- The parents understand they have an obligation to foster a Catholic atmosphere in the home.
- In addition to the tuition payment, parents are expected to contribute to the support of the Parish by use of the collection envelopes or other acceptable method.
- The parents agree to uphold and follow to the best of their ability the policies of the school.
- Parents are encouraged and expected to assist in specific fund raising activities and development programs.
- Parents understand the student tuition rate is determined yearly.
- Final decisions regarding admission and re-admission of students rest with the Pastor.
Catholic students who live outside the territorial boundaries of St. Mary of the Assumption Parish or are members of a parish not having a Catholic school will be considered for admission on an individual basis depending upon the parish to which they belong and the number of available spaces in St. Mary of the Assumption School.