St. Mary of the Assumption School facilitates a wide range of learning for students between the ages of pre-school through eighth grade, along with a state of the art science lab, computer lab, library, and gymnasium. Our students also gain a strong introduction to Spanish, art, band, and computer skills, along with partaking in Catholic Youth Organization (CYO) sports and school plays and performances. Weekly mass helps to strengthen the students’ bond with God along with daily religion class and frequent interaction with our on-site priests and deacons. St. Mary of the Assumption School has stood for over sixty years and continues to be a model of excellence and virtue to the children of Northeast Ohio. As our school motto states, “Hand in hand, together we are one in Christ.“
Philosophy & Beliefs
- Faith filled Disciples of Christ who are called by Baptism and nourished by the Eucharist, active in the sacramental life of the Church through weekly participation in the Eucharist, centered in Gospel values and prayerful. As we describe the faith commitment, we understand that students of other faiths express these values in alternate faith commitments.
- Christian leaders who are decision makers whose consciences are formed by the teachings of the Catholic Church, witnesses to the faith, persons of integrity, respectful, committed to justice, collaborative, community builders, stewards of the environment, and active in parish life.
- Centered well-rounded persons who are self-confident, self-disciplined, open to growth, responsible, and active and productive citizens practicing good sportsmanship.
- Loving persons who are compassionate, kind, forgiving, appreciative of diversity, welcoming, peaceful mediators, and respectful of the talents and abilities of others.
- Life-long learners who are articulate, creative, technologically literate, continually growing academically and spiritually, critical thinkers and problem solvers.
- Healthy persons who are respectful of life, leading physically, mentally, and spiritually healthy lifestyles, and committed to reaching their full potential.