Parish School Religion (PSR)
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
Registration is Open!
St. Mary of the Assumption Church offers a Parish School of Religion (PSR) program for children in Grades 1-8 who do not attend Catholic Day School. Our program hopes to help our children and their families to grow in their relationship with God by encouraging them to make good and moral decisions, develop a love for the scriptures, gain an understanding of the Creed, and to participate actively in the sacramental life of the Church. We consider it a privilege to be entrusted with such an important role in the faith life of your child.
Classes meet from September through April at St. Mary’s School.
- Grades 1 – 5 meet on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am – 10:30 am.
- Grades 6 – 8 meet on Thursday evenings from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Registration for PSR classes is held from April 1st through August 11th. Please complete and return the forms below along with payment to the Parish Office by August 11th. A copy of a Baptismal certificate for all new students who were not baptized at St. Mary’s must be presented at the time of registration. If baptized at St. Mary’s, a certificate is not necessary.
- Family Registration Form – One form must be completed for each family.
- Student Registration Form – Must be completed each school year for each student. A copy of a Baptismal certificate for all new students must be presented at the time of registration. If baptized at St. Mary’s, a certificate is not necessary.
- Emergency Medical Forms – Must be completed each school year for each student.
- Media Release Form – Completed each school year for each student. We are asking you to complete this form in the event that we use pictures of your child on the Parish website or other promotional materials.
- Forms and payment for returning families may be mailed, dropped in the collection basket or returned to the parish office no later than August 11, 2017. Please respect this firm deadline.
- Registrations received after August 11, 2017 cannot be guaranteed. If you are unable to meet this deadline for any reason please call the PSR Office at 440-255-3404 or angela.Collins@stmarysmentor.org.
Interested in volunteering, see the following forms:
PSR Calendar 2017/2018: Calendar
Please contact the Parish Office (440-255-3404) for more information on PSR.