Parish School Religion (PSR)
“Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it.”
St. Mary of the Assumption Church offers a Parish School of Religion (PSR) program for children in Grades 1-8 who do not attend Catholic Day School. Our program hopes to help our children and their families to grow in their relationship with God by encouraging them to make good and moral decisions, develop a love for the scriptures, gain an understanding of the Creed, and to participate actively in the sacramental life of the Church. We consider it a privilege to be entrusted with such an important role in the faith life of your child.
First Reconciliation and First Communion are celebrated in 2nd grade. If your child has not been registered in a Catholic day school or PSR Program and will be in 2nd grade, please contact Angela Collins.
Classes meet from September through April at St. Mary’s School.
- Grades 1 – 5 (Elementary) meet on Saturday mornings from 9:00 am – 10:30 am.
- Grades 6 – 8 (Junior High) meet on Thursday evenings from 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
DECEMBER AND JANUARY IMPORTANT DATES:
- Saturday, December 2nd—Helping Hand Christmas Food Collection
- Thursday, December 7th—Junior High ONLY—No Classes
—attend Vigil for the Feast of the Immaculate Conception
- Saturday, December 9th—3th Grade Parent Program
- Thursday, December 14th & Saturday, December 16th—Cookie Collection for St. Pat’s
- Saturday, December 16th—1st Grade Christmas Program
- Saturday, December 23rd & December 30th—No Elementary Classes
- Thursday, December 28th—No Junior High Classes
- Thursday, January 4th – Junior High Classes Resume
- Saturday, January 6th – Elementary Classes Resume
PSR Classes have begun for the 2017-2018 school year, but there is still time to join us. Please complete the forms below and return them to Angela Collins in the parish office.
- Family Registration Form – One form must be completed for each family.
- Student Registration Form – Must be completed each school year for each student. A copy of a Baptismal certificate for all new students must be presented at the time of registration. If baptized at St. Mary’s, a certificate is not necessary.
- Emergency Medical Forms – Must be completed each school year for each student.
- Media Release Form – Completed each school year for each student. We are asking you to complete this form in the event that we use pictures of your child on the Parish website or other promotional materials.
Interested in volunteering, see the following forms:
PSR Calendar 2017/2018: Calendar
Please contact the Parish Office (440-255-3404) for more information on PSR.